Roshni Wijayasinha joins Smarter Money show to talk about her entrepreneurial journey and the beauty of art in marketing. Along her career path she has worked with many small business owners, entrepreneurs as well as global brands with big time marketing campaigns. Roshni’s talent and expertise has landed her onto the top 30 under 30 marketers and into the inner circles of Canada’s most respected marketing and business professionals. Today she runs her boutique marketing agency based out of Toronto, Canada.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 01:22 – Roshni’s Origin Story
- 03:26 – How to Apply Big-Brand Marketing for New Startups
- 05:00 – How Much Should You Spend on Marketing?
- 07:17 – How to Allocate Large Marketing Budgets to Cover Full Funnel
- 08:40 – How to Calculate Lifetime Customer Value
- 11:18 – Common Marketing Strategy Mistakes to Avoid?
- 13:43 – Best Top Funnel Marketing Tactics
- 15:49 – Evolution of PR as a Marketing Channel
- 19:27 – The Secret to Effective Time Management
- 21:14 – The Forbes Communication Council and Why It Exists
- 22:23 – Why Marketers Must Embrace Martech
- 24:40 – Where Does Art Meet Marketing?
- 27:41 – Roshni’s Thoughts on the NFT Trend in Art
- 30:38 – Top Trends Happening in Marketing 2021 and New Small Business Marketing
- 33:40 – Pivoting Business Models and Re-Inventing Products & Services
- 37:03 – Importance of Hiring Great People from the Start
- 38:15 – Growth of Gig Economy and Part Time Executives, Factional CMOs
- 43:03 – Importance of Finding the Right Client or Employer as a Marketer
- 47:40 – Telling Real vs Fake Marketing Gurus Apart
- 50:28 – Advice to Business Owners and Entrepreneurs